Senior Corporate Banking Manager
Some careers shine brighter than others.
If you're looking for a career that will help you stand out, join HSBC and fulfil your potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
HSBC Corporate Banking provides universal financial services support to large corporate and institutional clients around the world. Leveraging the strength, scope and expertise of our global banking network, Corporate Banking is positioned as an essential partner to large enterprises seeking to maximise their potential, and offers streamlined business access to HSBC's broad range of market leading banking products and services.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Senior Corporate Banking Manager
. Role Purpose:
HSBC corporate consists of c. 60,000 Master Groups in the Large Corporate (LC) and Middle Market Enterprise (MME) segments and represents CMB's largest and more complex customers. On a per average customer revenue basis, Corporate customers are also CMB's most profitable customers. CMB Corporate provides standard commercial banking products (working capital finance, short-term loans, deposits, payments etc.) in conjunction with product specialists (e.g. PCM, Global Banking and Markets, Insurance, Trade & Receivables Finance), Corporate Banking provides both domestic and cross-border banking solutions including Cash Management, Trade Services, Insurance, Investment Banking and advisory services.
They role holder is expected to manage a small portfolio of Large Corporate Relationships and/or MME clients (depending on the size of the site) with the support of a junior Corporate Manager.
They will also acquire, retain, and expand relationships with the customers we want to bank within the MME segment, by profitably identifying and meeting their needs. This means identifying customer needs first and then recommending product solutions that are appropriate for the customer to consider and accept. Principal Responsibilities:
Qualifications Requirements: Essential:
- Building existing and winning new long-term relationships with the customers we want to bank, coherent with CMB's strategy to be the Leading International Trade and Business Bank.
- Relationships managed by placing customer needs at the forefront of all that the role holder does, setting world class standards.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, on HORIS, Client Vision and CARM and other systems as required.
- Maintain uptodate and accurate deal pipeline on CV.
- Monitor relationship profitability regularly and ensure that the return is commensurate with the type of client and both CMB and the client's risk appetite.
- Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses, exercising effective portfolio stewardship and control.
- Collaborating with product partners to identify and match customer needs with relevant expertise; notably with GTRF, GLCM, GBM, GPB.
- Minimum of 6-years experience in managing commercial relationships with international needs.
- Proven ability in identifying and meeting customer needs through matching a broad range of products and services.
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills.
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension.
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Knowledge of how MME corporate clients operate.
- Knowledge of GTRF, GLCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and capabilities.
- Robust understanding of client planning methodology.
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, Client Vision, HORIS, Global Links and GRPT.
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM.
- Wide personal connections within the group and outside the group (chambers of commerce and other associations.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, accounting or related fields.