Position Title: Sales Coordinator Job Description Summary
We are looking for someone to join the sales team in a sales support function. Based in Penang, you will get to know the sales process as well as learn about our market leading diverse products by supporting the EMEA sales team. You will provide full administration to the team including submission of sales orders, recording updates on the CRM system, always ensuring accuracy and speed. Role & Responsibilities
Knowledge and Experience
- Responsibility for providing administrative support to the EMEA Sales Team.
- Support Field Sales with the contract administration process including but not limited to creating new contracts for new customers and amending or correcting existing contracts - ensuring that all data is correctly input into the relevant CRM system and processed completely through to final billing stage (chasing POs, signed contracts, payment details, etc.)
- Lead Validation & Distribution - Validate inbound leads via phone, chat line or email and, based on the lead validation guidance set by the sales organization, assign the lead to the appropriate sales rep for follow up.
- When necessary, be the coordinator between the sales rep and corporate legal in situations where legal input is required (i.e., redlining of agreements).
- Working with the current processes in place within the teams and reviewing ways of improving them
- Work closely with Sales Reps, order management team, billing, etc. to ensure sales are accurately recorded and reported in a timely manner.
- Fluency in English required as well as another European language, preferably Germanic and/or Slavic.
- Ability to handle a busy workload in a calm and professional manner being Proactive/Solution oriented
- Excellent Interpersonal skills - ability to interact with variety of different personalities, not afraid to challenge for follow up information - Both written and verbal
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Intermediate / Advanced Microsoft Office and Google Suite required
- Knowledge of NetSuite system would be advantageous
- Ability to be able to build relationships both internally and externally
- Self-motivated, trustworthy and builds confidence
- Knowledge and interest in energy commodity markets
- 5+ years of experience in sales admin, sales support, customer service, or similar function
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, in order to comply with applicable federal, state, and local vaccine mandates (including those in place for US federal contractors), US employees may be required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated, unless they have been approved for an accommodation due to a medical reason, a sincerely held religious belief or another legally protected reason. T he company also participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the US.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.