Sales/Business Development Intern
2021 Graduate Program - Core Sales Intern, (APAC) About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world's largest industries, we leverage technology and data science to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency.
Today's global energy landscape is interconnected and dynamic. Energy Solutions from IHS Markit comprise some of the most extensive information, analytics, insight, and advisory services in the world. We deliver oil and gas databases and software, energy supply and demand forecasts, and comprehensive data on transactions at the global and regional market levels. Our renowned energy experts empower leaders worldwide to make their best decisions. Starting your Career with Us - Opportunities for Graduates
We hire into a wide variety of exciting roles across our business and as you begin your career with us, we're here to support your transition into the professional world. In addition to working with our industry experts in your full-time role, you'll be part of a global development program, designed to create the space for you to invest in your personal and professional development.
As part of the development program, you'll gain insight into our diverse business, interact with our leaders, build vital skills and become an integral part of the IHS Markit community and culture - all designed to enhance the exciting work you do with the team you're hired into! You'll be part of a global community, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams. Eligibility
We're now hiring for 2021 full-time roles. We're looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time role commencing in 2021. The role
What we're looking for
- Assist on enforcing high levels of accuracy and consistency in the sales planning, forecasting and opportunity pipeline management.
- Share key news highlight relevant to ENR sales.
- Facilitate successful implementation of pipeline creation and conversion processes with salesforce.com.
- Coordinate the implementation of sales initiatives & campaigns. Generate report on campaigns progress.
- Prepare and organize sales meetings.
- Administrative support for the Sales organization in the Area.
- Validate new customers and current customers details to ensure compliance with sales and legal process.
- With depth of knowledge key to providing industry leading advice, it can be advantageous to have a study background in a field relevant to your team/role.
We seek candidates with diverse backgrounds and ideas with a desire to learn and thrive. The Graduate Program will provide a variety of experiences to help you identify your strengths, develop highly transferable skills, and align you to a successful career path for a bright future at IHS Markit. To be an ideal fit for the role, you should have:
Experience and Skills
- A bachelor or master degree (or equivalent) completed no later than May 2021
- 0-6 months relevant work experience
- Demonstrated passion or interest in one or more of our key industries
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- An aptitude to learn and adapt quickly in a rapidly changing environment
- The ability to build strong working relationships in a collaborative setting
- Be legally eligible to work for the duration of the program in the country for which you apply
Application and assessment process
- Highly skilled Microsoft Excel user, comfortable with Microsoft PowerPoint with analytical thinking
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues across regions.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and handle high-pressure "Sales" environment.
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Able to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Highly structured, independent, proactive and results oriented.
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you. Stage 1:
Submit online application Stage 2
: Online pymetrics assessment Stage 3:
Initial screening process Stage 4:
Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles. Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.