2021 Graduate Program - Research Analyst (M&T) About IHS Markit
At the heart of IHS Markit, we are an information company. With expertise across the world's largest industries, we leverage technology and data science to provide the insights, software, and data to help our customers make better informed decisions, driving growth, performance, and efficiency. Starting your Career with Us - Opportunities for Graduates
We hire into a wide variety of exciting roles across our business and as you begin your career with us, we're here to support your transition into the professional world. In addition to working with our industry experts in your full-time role, you'll be part of a global development program, designed to create the space for you to invest in your personal and professional development.
As part of the development program, you'll gain insight into our diverse business, interact with our leaders, build vital skills and become an integral part of the IHS Markit community and culture - all designed to enhance the exciting work you do with the team you're hired into! You'll be part of a global community, building an invaluable network of knowledge and support from your mentors, peer group and wider teams. Eligibility
We're now hiring for 2021 full-time roles. We're looking for final year students who are working towards a Bachelor's or Master's degree (or equivalent), and due to complete their studies and be available for a full time role commencing in 2021. The Role
This Research Analyst will be part of the IHS Markit Maritime & Trade division, focusing on research on crude oil, refined products and tanker markets, and reporting to the associate director for refined products analysis.
The Research Analyst's core responsibilities are to provide qualitative and quantitative research support and create associated databases and reports for the Commodities @ Sea Refined Products analytics service. The analyst will work within the Maritime & Trade Research & Analytics team, which is part of a globally distributed group of analysts, data scientists and product managers. What we're looking for
Application and assessment process
- Demonstrated interest in industry research.
- Graduates with research/ internship experience in commodities, finance or politics and economics.
- At least 1-year experience in written research and strategy analysis, preferably in the energy sector; keen attention to detail.
- Strong analytical writing and communications skills using impeccable Business English.
- Strong market and business analytical skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Other desirable (but not required) skills: data science, Power BI (or other data/analytical tools), additional language skills (for reading & desktop research).
- The candidate must be willing to handle multiple data gathering challenges to build our market intelligence capabilities, and show versatile problem solving skills in contributing to strategy analysis. The global nature of the team also means that the Research Analyst may be required to work evening hours during certain days; time flexibility is strongly desired.
- Conducting primary research on crude oil and refined products flows and tanker market developments to support.
- Building and maintaining working databases for oil flows, global oil inventories, tanker assets and related data.
- Working closely with in-country/region experts to validate data
- Compiling news, research and market intelligence on global crude, refined products and tanker markets.
- Contributing to and initiating research reports, analysis and market insights
- Collaborating to serve clients on a continuous basis, providing market intelligence focused on competitive analysis and strategy support.
The assessment process that follows is designed to ensure you can learn more about us, showcase your skills, and find a role that is right for you. Stage 1:
Submit online application Stage 2
: Online pymetrics assessment Stage 3:
Initial screening process Stage 4:
Final stage assessment day
You may be considered for multiple suitable roles throughout this process. If these roles fall within the same stream, you will be assessed during the same process. If the roles fall across multiple streams, you may be asked to complete different assessments aligned to those roles. Our commitment to diversity
Our business and our customers are diverse, and we believe that embracing a diverse and inclusive environment is key to defining who we are. Our people are what makes us unique and you will get the opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds from across the world who continuously find the best viable solutions, adding value and driving change for our customers.Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.