This position is responsible for scoping, developing, and presenting pricing and business analysis supporting Pricing, FP&A, and the business lines across the company. The role will leverage tools, such as, Excel, Access, Power BI, Alteryx, MS SQL and other data cleansing and analytics tools. The role will engage with operations, product management, analysts and management.
- Perform data cleansing, analysis, develop visualizations, and present insight for business information from SAP, Pricing, Salesforce and other data sources
- Design and develop recurring operational processes support to data analytics
- Perform updating for monthly and periodic reporting
- Develop systematic audit validation processes for ad-hock and operational data sources
- Review and provide recommendations for continuous process improvements in data analysis processes
- Primary tools include: Excel, Power BI, MS SQL, Alteryx, and other data analytics tools
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience
- 3 year's work experience as a data analyst or in related field
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into business processes
- Strong data analysis skills with multiple disparate sources
- Experience using MS Excel (pivots, macros, etc.) or a scripting language to analyze data
- Experience in developing Power BI reports and dashboards, including DAX
- Basic understanding of other data analysis and visualization tools a plus
- High-level understanding of data model and database structures
- Ability to methodically think through complex problems, determine appropriate analytical approach, and independently synthesize information and derive conclusions
- Experience analyzing data (ex: job experience or quantitative research projects)
- Ability to work independently and within teams
- Flexible work hours to support meetings across international time zones
- Flexible and creative when developing data workflows
- Strong English, verbal and written communication skills
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.