Journalism Analyst II
Job Title : Price reporter (Food & Agricultural Commodities)
Are you excited and motivated by establishing current prices across a wide range of food and agricultural commodities, building expertise and contacts?
We're looking for a price reporter to join a new global prices team, within the Food & Agriculture Commodities business of the Agribusiness Division to:
• Make high volumes of calls and contacts to market sources to establish prices in often opaque markets
• Build knowledge of markets and prices drivers so as to build credibility and value with sources
• Build and maintain market sources on a global basis
• Follow agreed price reporting methodology
• Work closely with the wider market reporting team in London and Sao Paulo
You will be working in the Energy and Natural Resources Team in Gurgaon, working closely with Agribusines colleagues in London and Singapore. You will report into the Head of Prices (Food & Agricultural Commodities).
• Education and/or experience in business journalism
• An alternative to journalism would be a background in commodity trading
• High quality of spoken and written English is essential.
• Ability to speak languages other than English would be an advantage
• Previous experience of reporting on commodity price reporting is preferred
• Motivated by making high volumes of contacts every day
• A team player able to work effectively with diverse colleagues in multiple locations
• Focused on providing a consistently high standard of service to customers
• A great communicator whether internally or externally with customers and contacts
• This is a great role for someone looking to use their experience and talent to make their mark with an important strategic project
• You will building knowledge of vital global markets, the factors that drive price movements and the organisations that operate in them
• You'll be working with highly experienced managers and leaders in price assessment businesses
We are happy to consider requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of working from home are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
We are over 14,000 analysts, data scientists and specialists armed with real-time technology and data, working together to uncover deeper sources of information. The unique insights we provide help the industries and markets that drive our economies operate more efficiently, outpace competition and secure long-term success. Our global insights impact nearly every major sector - from aerospace to automotive. We empower our customers by isolating cause and effect, risk and opportunity in new ways so they can make well-informed decisions with greater confidence. This is a force we call The New Intelligence.
Boundaries belong on maps, not in your work. Start every day at IHS Markit with the excitement of what's next, by working with people from across the globe on interesting, cutting-edge projects and gaining once-in-a-lifetime learning experiences. It is easy to be passionate and invested in your work here, knowing you are causing an effect for some of the world's most influential companies. You'll get to be hands-on with, and see the direct impact, of your work. Career satisfaction just comes with the territory hereInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.