Inside sales manager
Inside sales manager - Agribusiness
Penang-Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah
We invite you to apply for a dynamic Team Lead/Manager role in our Agribusiness inside sales team. You are responsible for coaching, mentoring, building and leading a team of inside sales executives to achieve our customer acquisition & revenue growth objectives and supporting the overall sales funnel. The team will be high profile across the firm. General job duties
- Coach/mentor and motivate Agribusiness inside sales team of 7 capable of growing with the business
- Collaborate across marketing, customer care and sales functions as well as other key functional roles to share best-practices and to ensure consistency across the organization.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and workflows
- Positively manage change, both internally and externally, to ensure new programs, products, and approaches are embraced by the team
- Assist leaders with forecasting and analysis as well as report on metrics such as volume, engagement, leads, pipeline and revenue
- If needed, available to be a backup to the team
- Leverage internal resources and sales/marketing systems to expand product knowledge of team
- Work with business leaders to use customer feedback and analytical insights in the formation of new products/solutions.
- Provide functional leadership and drive organizational accountability by monitoring and managing the sales pipeline, tracking progress against plans, ensuring accurate forecasting of revenue. Adjust team direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to deliver on commitments.
You will be working in the Agribusiness Inside Sales Team in Penang. The team of 7 representatives covering global sales/accounts.
As this role supports different region, there will be late night calls/work. Your Expertise: You have:
• 5+ years' experience in sales management
• Proven sales leadership to meet and/or exceed sales targets for a similar size and growth-oriented organization (both revenue and headcount).
• Strong customer focus to support growth and retention
• Proven communication, solution selling, persuasion, negotiation and collaboration skills
• Results oriented and experienced in Solution selling
• Strongly target orientation, driven and hungry for results.
• Solid forecasting, sales planning, and regional outcome management.
• Comfortable driving external sales relationships at C level.
• High levels of emotional intelligence and leadership, strong collaboration, communication and influence capabilities.
• Active usage of Salesforce to monitor sales team's activity and accurate forecasting
• Ability to work independently with little direction
• Speak, write and understand the English language
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Superb organizational skills
• Knowledge of sales methods, best practices and experience
• Ability to work as a team with a strong drive for sales results
• Knowledge and experience working in Salesforce (CRM)
- Highly organized and efficient at managing day to day business with multiple priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Business proficiency English, other languages will be a bonus
- Results driven with a positive "can do" attitude with a proactive approach
- Proven track record of successfully leading sales teams
- Managing for results: This individual will have a proven track record as a decisive, action-oriented leader who has successfully translated bold sales strategies into measurable execution plans.
- Leading teams: A qualified candidate will have market-validated skills around building, developing and retaining high-performance teams. This is a leader who communicates a vision that provides direction and focus; creates a culture of accountability; and proactively addresses problem performers before they affect team effectiveness.
- Building relationships and leading through influence: This individual will have a track record of working effectively across functions and geographies to assess options, incorporate input and drive broad agreement around business priorities. Approachable and open-minded, the successful candidate will be known for building trusted working relationships with business leaders, peers and subordinates, as well as creating followership.
- Executive presence and leadership style: S/he will have a well-developed executive presence and be expected to represent the company in interactions with colleagues, customers and partners. The Leader must be an action-oriented yet thoughtful person of high integrity who leads by example. S/he must be an accomplished communicator with effective communication skills and the ability to create and deliver crisp, compelling presentations for internal and external consumption.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.