Inside Sales - US shifts
We are looking for energetic and competitive Inside Sales Representative that thrives in a quick sales cycle environment. This person plays a key role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales. You would be able to communicate effectively, negotiate, mediate conflict, maintain an objective, have a professional and friendly demeanor and be able to learn about new products quickly. Your Role:
- Drives the end-to-end sales cycle as an independent contributor performing both hunting roles for new customer acquisition and farming roles for cross-selling/up-selling to an existing customer.
- Update salesforce.com on activities such as email, customer call, follow-up and flag important task, renewal status and event
- Proactively build a good and strong relationship with customers to get their feedback on our product and learn about their changing needs and requirements before offering the available solutions and data for their consideration
- Individual with experience serving small to mid-size companies across energy and natural resources services verticals would be a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in Sales/Business Development
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Oil&Gas/Petroleum or relevant industry
- Good understanding of Upstream or O&G sector
- Good English communication skills - other language will be a bonus.
- Experience in dealing with Global clients
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.