S&P Global Corporate The Role:
IT SOX Specialist
This position is an individual contributor within the Internal Audit team responsible for performing audit engagements including U.S. Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Compliance testing. This position will contribute significantly to SOX testing efforts and evaluating compliance with corporate policies, assessing risks over the IT operating environment and identifying operational efficiencies. The Impact:
The IT SOX Specialist will work closely with your direct manager and the process owners to gain an understanding of key processes, key controls, identify control gaps by strengthening and monitoring the internal control environment to provide assurance in the accuracy of reported financial information for a leading data provider worldwide. What's in it for you:
You will interact with key process owners and colleagues across the Company. You will also be responsible for completing the audits and projects as outlined in the Internal Audit Plan and play a critical role in assessing the effectiveness of the control environment and providing value added recommendations across the organization. You will gain a robust understanding of the operations of all divisions and functions within the company.
The Team / The Business:
- Ability to collaborate with a global team of seasoned financial services/audit professionals and access to the latest technological and data analytic tools
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, parental leave and more
- Advancement opportunities in a global company with presence in 30+ geographies
We have teams made up of people that work effectively together, while working with the larger group of auditors. Opportunities are presented every day to work with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the globe. The Internal Audit function is a global team with presence in all regions (Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific). The function is independent and reports functioning to the Audit Committee. Responsibilities:
What We're Looking For:
- Execute testing of key IT controls. Identify deficiencies and areas of opportunity to strengthen processes.
- Work with other auditors in the Internal Audit function to support audit plan execution and participate in key department wide initiatives.
- Follow up with management on previous audit findings to assure action plans have been completed.
- You will be an effective communicator, in both verbal and written form, and an analytical thinker who employs logic and persuasion to influence with diplomacy and tact.
- You will be a proactive, innovative, collegial team player who can be accountable and absorb/integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships and collaborate with others.
- You will be nimble in learning and support the implementation of agile techniques.
- You will be responsible for balancing stakeholders and building/fostering relationships with stakeholders.
- Candidate with strong interest to learn, embrace agile auditing techniques, adoption of data analytics and emerging tools to strengthen quality of audit execution and SOX controls testing.
- The ideal candidate must be an experienced audit professional with skills in IT SOX, internal audit, or related roles in control function organizations.
- Experience/exposure with different data analytics tools (such as Tableau, Alteryx, Power BI, etc.).
- Agility to support different Internal Audit capabilities such as business/data/IT auditing and SOX compliance.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience of IT controls-based testing through planning audits, conducting audit procedures, and preparing audit reports.
- Understanding and operational application of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 - Public Accounting experience.
- Knowledge of or experience with providing audit support during integrated financial and operational audits.
- Experience with integrated audits, electronic work papers and standard productivity tools
- Strong academic and professional credentials including undergraduate degree.
- Willing to travel (domestic and international), limited to 10 - 15%
- Professional certifications preferred but not required (CISA, CIA, CPA, etc.).
Penang, Malaysia Grade
(relevant for internal applicants only): 5 S&P Global Corporate
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of credit ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include S&P Global Ratings, S&P Global Market Intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Platts. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com .
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.