The Global Construction Outlook group at IHS Markit is a fast-growing, dynamic team that provides decision-critical forecasts and analysis on the global construction market. Participate in producing the quarterly Global Construction forecasts.
- Assume responsibility for researching, add-factoring, forecasting and writing primarily for the Global Construction forecasts, with a particular focus on either Europe or Asia regions.
- Assume lead responsibility for maintaining, updating and expanding the forecast files including history/drivers/graphics/charts needed for written analysis and presentations.
- Keep forecast files up to date and in synch with those of related services.
- Run forecast files and assist with add-factoring process, bringing in relevant high frequency leading indicators to guide the "nowcast". Perform quality checks on data.
- Perform quality checks on forecast, comparing data to national statistics, making sure totals are equal to sum of component pieces, etc.
- Write/update country articles.
- Peer edit articles written by other team members.
- Other product deliverables.
- Monitor Same Day Analysis reports for construction related articles.
- Create and maintain an inventory of useful sites such as National Statistics sites, National Budgets, etc.
- Collect and maintain data used to create the sector shares, high frequency indicators, etc.
- Prepare and deliver presentations for webcasts and IHSM forum events.
- Play key role in forecasting and researching Europe or Asia markets.
- Assist with updates and development of the Global Construction products.
- Assist with development objectives for the GCO as needed.
Education & Experience
- Act as key contact with clients to provide support and answer questions about the forecasts and data.
- Support sales team in product demonstrations to prospective clients.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in economics or other quantitative field and 2-4 years' related experience.
- Strong quantitative and modeling skills.
- Knowledge of econometric software. Experience with EViews preferred.
- Experience reading and writing programming code.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Familiarity with national accounts data.
- Knowledge of the construction industry.
#remoteInclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.