Customer Success Manager-1
At IHS Markit, we're changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
On the Product Design team, we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. We're building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that previously were impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine the best course of action in the present. We're disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team with a bias to action. Are you ready to join us in building the software that will power the most impactful companies in the world? Position Summary
Do you form strong connections with your customers and push them to think in creative ways that will maximize your product's value and achieve desired results? Are you an effective teacher and can simply, yet effectively, guide your customer to success? Have you perfected the craft of active listening and empathy and can fully focus on the customer to ensure their success with your product? Have you received the honorable status as a trusted advisor with customers turning to you for reliable information backed by data, experience, and educated intuition? Do you have a creative ability to persuade customers to use your product in a way they didn't realize they could? Do Product Managers respect you because you know the product as well as they do? If you answered yes to these questions, then we'd like to meet you!
IHS Markit is seeking a creative , driven, and hands-on Customer Success Manager who will report to the Head of Customer Success for Product Design. This role will own the overall post-sales relationship with our top strategic customers, which will include growing adoption, ensuring retention, and identifying expansion opportunities while maintaining high levels of satisfaction. Responsibilities
- Orchestrate overall relationship with assigned clients, which will include growing adoption, ensuring retention, and happiness
- Work with clients to build Customer Success Plans, establishing critical goals, to aid the customer in realizing value with IHSM solutions
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers and become an extension of their team. Successfully establish relationships wide and high throughout the organization and drive continued value of IHSM solutions
- Increase customer retention by conducting regular check-in calls for tactical items, and perform quarterly health checks for strategic reviews
- Provide strategic direction for assigned customers within their fields of expertise. Achieve full fluency in substantial industry trends and topics to advise customer leaders from various functions
- Measure and monitor customer's health via scheduled meeting cadence, product usage, support issues and user feedback. Share health updates regularly to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify complex upsell opportunities and work with the Account Manager to assist in renewing customer contracts
- Work closely with the IHSM Account Team (Account Manager, Sales Engineer, Professional Services and Training & Education) to find opportunities for new usage of IHSM solutions across organizational functions. Conduct strategic account planning to prioritize opportunities and customer goals
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, engineering, and management resources, in order to meet account performance objectives and customers' expectations
- Support Training & Education Services in identifying and recommending user training opportunities
- Work with the Marketing team to identify & develop Case Study opportunities
- Act as the IHSM liaison for technical inquiries, issues, or escalations. This will include working with IHSM Support, Product Management (i.e. roadmaps), or others as needed
- Function as the customer advocate and provide internal feedback on how IHSM can better serve our business and enterprise customers
- Maintain a deep understanding of IHSM solutions to understand common best practices and consulting solutions for your assigned customers. Provide insight with respect to the availability and applicability of new IHSM products and features
- 8 + years in a related function with direct customer advocacy and engagement experience in Enterprise/Cloud software post-sales or professional services functions in Fortune 1000, mid-tier, start-up companies, or Public Sector organizations
- Since this role is essential to IHSM's customer success initiative, you will have a rich history of growing customer happiness, adoption, and retention
- Excellent understanding of how large companies operate (many business units, purchasing department, finance team, customer support team, complex decision-making process, etc.)
- Expertise in building long-term strategic relationships
- Experience developing product use-cases with customers
- You will be a strong teammate, but still a self-starter
- Since this role is customer-facing, you will possess exceptional verbal, written, social, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong client services orientation: listening, critical thinking, analytical skills and a high degree of empathy
- Proven skills to quickly evaluate complex issues and identify multiple options for resolution
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly while still having the ability to focus on details
- Willingness to travel up to 50% (estimated average 25%). Since travel is based on customer and business need, there may be more or less travel depending on the location of customers (Note: 2020 and early 2021 travel requirements may be affected due to COVID-19 restrictions)
- Your own unique talents! If you don't meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you'd be a great fit for this role in your cover letter
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.