Editorial, Design, and Publishing The Role: Content Editor The Team: Editorial, Design and Publishing provides training, tools, and standards to help create high-quality products. We catch errors and mistakes, from typos to potential copyright and other legal liabilities. We guard the brand, flagging and fixing elements that do not align with our guidelines. Through our comprehensive editing, design, desktop publishing, and print/production services, we ensure our customers can count on S&P Global. The Impact: This position is responsible for editorial support on S&P Global content. The main focus is to maintain and enhance the quality and consistency of editorial content by editing and checking online and hardcopy text, ensuring it is clear and concise, and written in accordance with the company style; giving constructive feedback as required to editorial desks. What's in it for you:
- Experience of working in a global editorial team, with members across the globe from diverse backgrounds.
- Opportunity to learn in depth knowledge about various business lines.
- Vertical and horizontal career growth opportunities.
- Edit content as directed by the team lead, and with direction from EMEA and US Content Editor Managers.
- Check copy for consistency and style, writing headlines, stand firsts and crossheads.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Lay out news pages and features using InDesign.
- Ensure adherence to house style
What We're Looking For:
- Degree Level or equivalent education (BA in English, Journalism, Communication or NCTJ equivalent)
- 1-3 years of professional sub editing experience, or fresh graduates
- InDesign and Creative Suite experience preferred
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English
Flexible Working We pride ourselves on our agility and diversity, and we welcome requests to work flexibly. For most roles, flexible hours and/or an element of remote working are usually possible. Please talk to us at interview about the type of arrangement that is best for you. We will always try to be adaptable wherever we can. Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. The Location:
Penang, KL, Malaysia remote. About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.