Associate I Application Support Engineer
MarkitSERV FX is seeking an experienced Application Support professional to join the Application Support Team. The role encompasses 2nd line technical application support for our MarkitSERV-FX application. Duties & Accountabilities:
Education and Experience:
- Your duties will include the onboarding new customers and support of our FX products ranges providing first and second line application support to our customers.
- You will need to demonstrate excellent communication skills and have a natural ability to learn with a keen interest in technology.
- The successful candidate will need to able to apply strong technical skills and good business knowledge, together with investigative techniques and problem solving skills to identify and resolve issues in a timely and high quality manner.
- Liaising with other team members, Product, Development and particularly the Infrastructure teams as required for 3rd line escalation.
- Working directly with clients, if needed, to understand and resolve issues and liaising with delivery teams to ensure the App Support team are ready for new releases
- You will also work on initiatives around proactive application health monitoring and reporting.
- 3+ years of experience working in Production Support and/or delivery based projects.
- Experience in Application Support, software deployment
- Good Unix skills preferably including scripting experience
- Experience of XML and XSLT.
- Exposure to SQL / Oracle databases
- Ideally have a good understanding of messaging platforms & protocols like FIX/SWIFT and IBM MQ
- Fundamental understanding of networking principles and its practical uses.
- Ideally have experience of working in the Finance Industry.
- Experience having worked with STP Applications in Finance space.
- Knowledge of the Financial standards and OTC Derivatives Market
- Proven experience on how to deliver value-added services through defined processes and practices.
- Keen problem solver with analytical nature and excellent problem solving skillset.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, in the English language.
- Must be proficient at creating network diagrams in Visio and PowerPoint
- Be able to work flexible hours including some weekends to meet work demands and project deadlines.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.