S&P Global Corporate The Role:
Accountant The Team:
This role is a key member of APAC Controller team, support the US and local statutory financial reporting and regulatory compliance of entities located across multiple countries within APAC region. The Impact:
Your role will ensure accurate and timely financial reporting, which impact the strategic planning and critical financial decision making for the organization. What's in it for you:
- Essentially as a Lead Accountant for the assigned country/countries
- Competitive compensation package with excellent benefits, including generous paid time off, tuition reimbursement, parental leave and more
- Advancement opportunities in a global company with presence in multiple geographies
What We're Looking For:
- Responsible for General Ledger responsibilities ensuring smooth financial month end closing and reporting to Corporate.
- Preparation of monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Ensure full compliance to finance and corporate policies.
- Key contact and resolution point for accounting close queries, business partnering with a local team as well as different business units' finance counterparts.
- Support internal & external audit queries
- Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements
- Responsible for various type of tax filing as per the local requirement
- Integrate and continuously improve accounting / close process integration & improvement
- Degree in Accountancy, Finance, or professional accounting qualifications.
- Good knowledge of accounting standard, procedures and principles (US GAAP & Local GAAP)
- Minimum 5 years of finance and accounting experience
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products, experience in SAP/Oracle is added advantage
- High level of integrity and sense of responsibility with commitment to good governance
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with people at all levels
- You'll be asked to come work from office 2-3 days a week
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 09 The Location:
Penang-Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. Equal Opportunity Employer:
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com
and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.