Senior VDA Engineer
The Virtual Desktop and Application service offering delivers a desktop or application to an end user on any device, anywhere. The Senior VDA Engineer is responsible for technical guidance, projects and delivery associated with the service offering. The position will provide a fourth level of support to operational teams, guide technical discussions, prepare detailed design documentation and implementation guides. Responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers, offering leader, account teams, project teams and operation teams.
- Prepare detailed designs and implementation guides.
- Liaise with third party vendors for service support and enhancements.
- Provide fourth level incident support and problem management.
- Assist operation teams with implementations.
- Work with architects to translate standard offerings into customer specific solutions.
- Support team leaders for the development and on-going maintenance of VDA support documentation.
- Demonstrated experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops, Citrix Cloud Services, Citrix Provisioning Services and Machine Creation Services and Citrix NetScaler and Storefront.
- Demonstrated experience with Ivanti Workspace Control.
- Demonstrated experience with Liquidware Stratusphere.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft SCVMM and Hyper-V.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Azure.
- Demonstrated experience working in enterprise environments.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise solution design.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work with architects to assist with responses for new business.
- Work with the architects to assist with the development of new product offerings.
- Help to develop support and implementation documentation for operations staff to follow.
- Ability to train and become proficient in related standard offerings.
- In-depth knowledge of Citrix product suites.
- In-depth knowledge of Ivanti product suites.
- In-depth knowledge of Liquidware or Lakeside product suites.
- Understanding of a broad range of identity management, infrastructure, network, security technologies and trends.
- Flexible, adaptive and motivated work ethic.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Weekly onsite attendance at customer site.
- Some out of hours work required.
- Some onsite data centre work required.
- Some interstate and international travel required.