Senior Network Security Engineer
- Provide operational support for Next Gen firewalls, WAF, Web Proxy, Firewall Ruleset Assurance, NIPS on multiple platforms across the client environment
- Escalation point for complex technical issues.
- Rotational weekend on-call to address critical issues. Ability to work weekends when necessary for scheduled tasks.
- Responsible for bringing problems to a resolution within a timely manner.
- Lead operational projects to completion working with other stakeholders (including vendors).
- Drive the resolution of all priority issues including participation in technical assistance conference calls.
- Support customers with process and technical questions related to daily operational work.
- Build relationships with customers, other DXC teams, and vendors to provide exceptional service.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency and automate processes within DXC Firewall Operations.
- Knowledge on compliance and regulatory requirements to assist with security audits and assist in remediation of any Network Security related issues
- Ensure firewall, NIPS services and systems are always available and reliable.
- Respond to and manage service issues and problems.
- Responsible for awareness and compliance to policy and guidelines of the ISMS.
- Report, pursue, communicate, and when needed escalate any breaches in information security or policies.
- Able to coordinate and work with on-site engineers during outage or critical situations.
- Adhere to established incident management SLAs.
- Able to document troubleshooting/process related documents for the team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Ideally with 6 to 8 years of related work experience.
- Expert level knowledge on Check Point firewalls (including VSX, Provider-1 & software blades - Application Control, URL Filtering, & IPS etc.).
- Expert level knowledge on NIPS - Trend Micro Tipping Point, McAfee NSP, Cisco Firepower NGIPS.
- Working knowledge on Barracuda, Imperva, F5 Web application firewalls
- Very good knowledge of Fortinet, Cisco & Palo Alto firewalls.
- Knowledge of Firemon, Tufin or Algosec firewall rule analyzer platform.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN and network protocols.
- Advanced level skill in firewall policy management (Rule consolidation, cleanup, regular review using rule analysis tools).
- Advance level skill on NIPS platform and policy management (Deployment, advanced configuration, policy tuning, troubleshooting etc.)
- Ability to manage support cases with external technology vendors.
- Knowledge of virtual technologies is a plus.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Check Point Certified - CCSA, CCSE
- Palo Alto Certified - PCNSE
- NIPS vendor certifications
- Web Proxy, WAF certifications
- Cisco Certified - CCNA Security or any other
- ITIL Foundation Certified