Active Directory (AD) Specialist Engineer
- Proven expertise in designing and architecting domain consolidation projects.
- Design and architect a global Active Directory Infrastructure, including, design and implementation of Group Policy, domain consolidation for large scale organizations.
- Utilize logical problem solving to find creative solutions to problems in the environment on a broad scale.
- Plan and execute Active Directory Domain level upgrades.
- Plan and design Group Policy Objects as requested to ensure compliance of company policies for servers and user end-point devices.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Active Directory, GPO, Active Directory Federated Services, and password/identity management systems.
- Assist in management and support of internal and external DNS systems.
- Work with stakeholders and other technical teams to collect business and technical requirements and design / deliver enterprise level solutions.
- Create and update technical documentation of operating procedures as needed.
- Oversee the architecture and design of the global backup and recovery of Active Directory.
- Own and lead discussions in business and technical information technology solution implementations, upgrades, enhancement and conversions. Recommends solutions as appropriate.
- Support IT goals and objectives including measures and projects.
- Provide problem solving leadership based on experience with the technology.
- Review domain level rights and privileges and perform changes to the same as appropriate.
- Collaborate in assessing current and expected Windows infrastructure needs, configuration, maintenance, optimization and documentation of Windows infrastructure.
- Follow and apply configuration and security standards and policies within a defined Change Management process.
- Ensure that system improvements and changes are implemented correctly and completely, monitor all effects of the modifications.
- Establish/recommend policies on system use and services.
- Perform common administrative tasks.
- Strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Windows OS technology including AD Forests, Domains, Trusts, DNS, Group Policy and Organizational Units.
- Strong understanding of architecting and configuring Microsoft Azure technology including Azure AD, Azure AD connect.
- Bachelor of Science degree in IT, and over 8 to 10 years of related experience.
- Equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 8-10 years of directly related experience supporting Active Directory operations and engineering with increasing responsibility.
- Certifications: MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2012 or later version.
- Certifications in MS Azure is highly recommended.