See job description for details
We are a global financial services firm that is leveraging technology to its highest potential. We’re looking for talented technologists to join our team. Grow your career through a wide range of professional and development opportunities at Morgan Stanley Budapest. We offer:
- Opportunity to shape our Budapest office and take part in our future successes
- To work with talented individuals to develop new ideas and solve some of the most complex business challenges
- Enriching challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- An open door to have continuous dialogue with our senior leaders - an environment where you are truly listened to You will:
- Server-side Java development working as part of a large Agile developer team
- Liaising with senior team members and clients to precisely specify the functionality that will be developed
- Developing functionality in an iterative fashion, writing full unit and integration tests for each function that is developed.
- Working with team members and our partners to ensure that all functionality is fully UAT tested before being released to Production.
- Continuously improving the quality of our system and codebase via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary.#LI-DEVELOPER Qualifications: You have:
- Strong knowledge of Java, primarily within server-side development
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux
- Good understanding of multi-threaded Java programming
- Experience using relational databases (SQL)
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to deliver high-quality software working in multi-person teams
You might also have:
- Business knowledge of repo, securities lending or collateral management or other financial software development
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture and XML
- Agile development practice
- DB2 experience
- Full stack dev (Angular and Typescript) Team Profile:
The team develops and maintains IT systems that enable the Secured Financing business. Secured Financing provides a cost-effective and flexible way of raising capital for the Firm and is responsible for a significant portion of the Firm's total cash need. We have a strong, distributed agile developer team located in Budapest, London, Tokyo and New York with around 25 people in total. The team works on major strategic initiatives for the Firm. There is a good deal of collaborative team work both within the team and with our clients (Financing Operations) and other IT groups within the Firm. We work in 2-weekly iterations; some proportion of working from home and flexible working hours is available. About us:
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are shaping the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management, Operations and Data & Analytics from our new state-of-the-art offices near the Danube and our City Gate office in the heart of the city center. Learn about our culture and the opportunities for professional growth at Morgan Stanley Budapest:
Build a career with impact. Visit https://www.morganstanley.com/about-us/global-offices/europe-middle-east-africa/hungary morganstanley.hu
for more information. Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.