FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
- Collect and analyze user requirements, conduct impact analysis, perform system design
- Deliver quality solution and strive for better way to implement in terms of code efficiency and reusability
- Write and review technical documentations, such as functional specification, technical specification, ER diagram, data flow and network diagram
- Provide ongoing BAU support for existing systems
- Practice the Agile development process and reach the goal of each sprint
- Implements computer system requirements by defining and analyzing system problems
- Design coding workflow and test solutions
- Ensure applications in both desktop and mobile are compatible across different major browsers
- Provide suggestions on UX/UI design of the systems layout
- Review current technology and drive ways to leverage and improve productivity
- Be responsible for the development, maintenance and system support of the existing in-house systems
- Ensure quality programming, system testing and documentation
- Maintain good communication and co-ordination with team members and users
- Perform systems administration and daily IT operation tasks
- Engage into the Agile Development Life Cycle
- Participate Agile ceremonies
- Prepare and write test cases
- Prepare SQL scripts for table creation and manipulation
- Deploy the solution into different environment, such as Kubernetes system, Linux or Windows servers
- Lead junior developers to complete the project on time
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- At least 5 years of application development experience.
KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Experience integrating with RESTful APIs with Java
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Experience with common front-end development such as React, Node.js, React Native
- Solid experience in web front-end development
- Good Programming practice in responsive and mobile first design
- Knowledge of cross-browser compatibility
- Experience in rapid prototyping
- Familiar with CSS is a plus
- Good sense of the UX & UI design is a plus
- Experience in front-end testing tools and testing frameworks is a plus
- Experience in agile development methodologies is a plus
- Good teamwork, communication skill, & problem-solving skill
- Self-motivated & independent
- Great passion of front-end web development and programming visual
- Good command in both written & spoken English or Cantonese (Mandarin)
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process. We offer excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.