PIMCO’s EMEA business continues to experience significant growth. As a result, an opportunity has arisen for a Legal Associate role which will be primarily focused on contract management, drafting, assessing and negotiating key contractual documentation with PIMCO’s clients, business partners (German KVGs, European AIFMs, UCITS Fund Management Companies etc.) and distribution partners. The successful candidate will provide general support for the activities and projects of the legal team and will operate as an direct contact for diverse legal questions.
Essential Job Functions
• Drafting, assessing and negotiating contracts and legal documents
• Contract Management & Administration
• Correspondence with internal stakeholders (close contact with sales and funds team, business management)
• Relationship with service providers and outside counsel
• Client onboarding and KYC/AML checks
• Handling of separate legal projects
• Independent analysis of legal questions and advice on German, European and International law with a focus on investment law,
• Essential involvement in legal decision processes in the company
• Responsibility for litigation, including commissioning and monitoring of external lawyers
As well as the above, the role will involve general legal support for the functioning and processes of the legal team and the servicing of its clients.
The candidate must possess a law degree (“erstes und/oder zweites Staatsexamen “Bachelor oder Master of Laws”) or equivalent degree (m/f/d).
Ideal candidates should have up to 2 years of experience preferable in the financial services industry and a strong interest in the legal background of Investment Management / Fund Industry.
• General interest in Financial Markets/Fund Industry
• At least basic knowledge of Fund Law
• Business fluent in English and German. (English speaking environment)
• Negotiation and communication skills
• Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
• Well organized, high energy, self-starter, ability to work within the firm’s demanding and highly focused environment
• Ability to familiarize quickly with new legal projects/situations
• Candidates must be collaborative and possess a positive attitude
• Ability to organise and deliver under tight reporting deadlines
• Service oriented mind-set
• Exceptional attention to detail
• High degree of personal and professional integrity
• Affinity to work within a digital environment.
• Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
The team is very client service focused and is looking for someone who can deliver the highest of client service standards, as well as communicate confidently with all levels of the organisation, work well within a team environment, own and drive forward their own workload and use initiative to continually assess and improve existing processes. With PIMCO’s rewarding environment and growing business, this role is full of opportunity for the right candidate.
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com