Techonoly - System Engineer, Associate/VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The Morgan Stanley Development Environment team (MSDE) is responsible for providing software developers with the tools and automation necessary to operate efficiently, including those that enable the continuous integration and delivery of software within the company.
Now Morgan Stanley is setting up development environment for China business, so MSDE is looking for a motivated and hands-on system engineer/administrator, to join the MSDE China team.
The successful candidate will work independently to:
- Select and decide what applications could be used for SDLC for China developers
- Deploy/host/monitor SDLC tools/applications such as Jira, Github and Jenkins in On-Prem/Cloud/Hybrid environment
- Design and implement the DevOps workflow with various applications/systems for China developers
- Application server administration and maintenance Qualifications:
- Prior experience as a generalist system engineer for at least 5 years
- Ability to work independently with minimal high level direction
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Good Linux skills - comfortable in the shell (including scripting).
- Proficiency in automating tasks via scripting, such as python/groovy
- A thorough knowledge of Git, Jenkins, CI/CD, SDLC and Agile methodologies
- Experience working with one of the leading cloud platforms such as Azure, Google Cloud, AWS or local Kubernetes environments
- Experience installing and configuring software on Linux will be nice to have
- Experience with centralized build tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity
- Experience with source code configuration, versioning tools and Continuous Integration