Technology - C++ Developer, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
We are building low latency software components for software developers across different technology teams within Morgan Stanley.
We are also looking for enthusiastic C++ developers, who are interested in software that is close to the hardware.
Join us if
- you want to create solutions like Binlog: https://github.com/Morgan-Stanley/binlog
- you want to design APIs with morden C++ features such as Kafka C++ API: https://github.com/Morgan-Stanley/modern-cpp-kafka
- A small, but distributed team of technology experts, including Bjarne Stroustrup
- Challenges that provide opportunity for constant learning and advancement
- Flexible working arrangements, work from home, no mandatory in-person meetings
- Professional development opportunities and trainings
- State-of-the-art offices, chairs and equipment
- Pure technology oriented career path if you want
- Listen to our clients (fellow software developers) and identify their needs
- Design and implement software components that satisfy those needs
- Take ownership, support and maintain your own software
We are a core technology team, primarily developing libraries and tools.
We provide expert advice on C++ and performance related questions.
We use C++14 and C++17, the target is RedHat Linux on x86_64.
More About Us
The Morgan Stanley Enterprise Application Infrastructure group develops reusable solutions, libraries and frameworks used in systems throughout the bank. We also provide consultation and design advice to development teams. The C++ team within Enterprise Application Infrastructure work closely with Bjarne Stroustrup to help the firm adopt modern C++ approach to application and infrastructure development. Our team is full of naturally curious and very technical individuals, who like to dig beneath the surface to understand how things work. We encourage people to generate ideas and drive initiatives and find that individuals who enjoy solving complex problems flourish in our team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, committed and productive C++ developer with deep knowledge or keen interest in modern C++, multithreading, messaging, low latency and high performance, to help design and implement the next generation of library and engine infrastructure for the firm. In both engines and user libraries, as well as for continuing feature development, performance improvement and upgrading and streamlining many existing library?s and infrastructure. The role is a great opportunity to work in a technically challenging environment on problems core to the business. Prior experience in or knowledge of the financial industry is not required; candidates from software and telecommunications companies are welcome to apply.
The products developed by EAI are used across the firm. This means that the role requires a developer with strong technical skills and the experience to understand the implications of their design decisions and good understanding of current best practices in application architecture, software design and code development. Qualifications:
Required technical skills:
- Some knowledge of and interest in modern C++
- Some knowledge of current computer architectures
- User level Linux skills
- Knowledge of algorithm design
- Python experience