Manage the strategic planning function and develop long term strategic objectives for sales and profitability of various products and services offered by the bank. The jobholder will be responsible for business modelling, tracking ROI, assist in identifying threats and opportunities, analyse issues, develop partnerships that affect profitability and growth.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
- Identify key performance metrics, sales projections against strategic investment and combine other meaningful data to build a successful business model
- Measure, monitor and drive sales of products and services offered by the bank to achieve business targets, goals and agreed profitability criteria for each product and service
- Recalibrate existing products and services that match/ exceed customer expectations to enhance relevance & acceptance of the product to drive sales.
- Develop strategies to increase market reach, penetration, acquisition, activation and revenue generation
- Research and compile business and industry competitive data and support the development of new products and services appropriate to the target market to drive business growth and revenue.
- Develop periodic product promotions to improve awareness and increase sales; track campaign effectiveness to achieve agreed ROI
- Identify and analyse rewards/loyalty program trends; manage and grow a network of merchants, partners and affiliates to enhance revenue streams.
- Proficient in managing vendor service relationship; managing risks, compliance and regulatory frameworks.
Risk, Compliance & Business Continuity:
At all times, act with due care, skill and diligence to ensure compliance with Bank ABC’s risk culture, policies and procedures, Code of Conduct and Values.
Escalate risk and compliance issues in a timely manner to your line manager, and ensure that all mandatory training is completed to schedule.
Participate in exercises to rehearse the banks response to an emergency situation (i.e. evacuation exercises and Business Continuity tests)
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
As a key member of the Proposition team, the job holder is expected to plan and develop business models for launching new products and services in line with the expectations from the customer segments and the market. Review and implement enhancements to refresh existing products and services; recommend discontinuance of products and services which are no longer relevant to the market or customers.
The job holder will evaluate the Capital and Operating expenditure and devise proposals to optimise spend across the department and support in planning of product development, marketing and manpower planning activities.
- Keen awareness of the latest developments in technology relating to financial services industry, banking products and services.
- Understanding of Fintech and Digital industry
- Financial modelling across products and services
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management or equivalent
- 7+ years consumer banking experience in product development and business modelling
- Proven track record of successfully developing business plans and ROI models.
- Good understanding of information systems and the application of information technologies.