Java/Python Software Engineer - Commodities eCommerce
- Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Aug 17
An opportunity to build and enhance JP Morgan's market leading Commodities eTrading platform.
Athena is J.P. Morgan's cross-market risk management and trading system that provides functionality for traders, salespeople and operations staff globally. It is used in our foreign exchange, fixed income, credit and commodities businesses. Athena includes a globally replicated object-oriented database, a powerful dependency graph and a fully integrated stack across pricing, risk and trading tools. The code is a combination of Python and C++: C++ for speed, and Python for flexibility and rapid but controlled releases.
The Commodities eCommerce team is looking for developers to build out and support JPMorgan’s electronic market making platform, using mainly Python Athena. The responsibilities of the team cover the whole spectrum, from business growth initiatives (e.g. expanding the platform’s product coverage by offering more exotic instruments) to purely technical ones (e.g. converging the voice and electronic desks’ trading tools). You will work closely with trading, sales, quants and other technologists in helping the desk continue its rapid growth and achieve its full potential.
- Strong technologist with experience developing in object oriented languages
- Applied development experience in one or more of object oriented languages such as Python, Java, C++, C#
- Numerate degree or equivalent (Computer Science , Engineering, Finance, Mathematics)
- Understanding of time value of money, derivatives (Swaps, Options, Forwards). Concepts around pricing, risk management and modelling.
- Good communication skills and past experience working closely with Traders or Quantitative Analysts
- Experience in electronic trading
- Experience with Python, especially object oriented programming using Python
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorgan.com/.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package. JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.