Global Data Centre Operations & Service Manager
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Job Title: Global Data Centre Operations & Service Manager
Application period: 24th July 2017 until 23rd August 2017
The role holder will be responsible for managing the SCB global data centre operations and service management in accordance with the standard policies and procedures designated by the group. He / She has to be extremely customer-focused, well organized, technically advanced and possess significant experience related to managing global data centre infrastructure and operations in enterprise environments. He / She will be responsible for driving business initiatives, data Centre frameworks, strategies, policies, processes, migration and technology blueprints working closely with key stakeholders internally and external vendors.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To manage the standard chartered critical global data centre operations and services spanning across Asia and Europe (especially in UK)
- To provide the leadership, tactical execution and business acumen necessary to support the diverse site needs anticipating the constant demands of business
- Responsible for master planning for the facility's data centre floor expansion and new sites, space planning, power and cooling services, equipment in and out, oversees maintenance, physical security, data centre operations and business continuity/disaster recovery procedures and service management
- Responsible for planning, design, delivery, and support of hosting infrastructure which includes day-to-day operations, monitoring and support
- Participate in identifying, decision making and selection of new data centre sites, technologies, products working alongside legal, program resources to assess and integrate new facilities
- Manage data centre expenditures, staffing, and capital projects to ensure compliance with financial goals. Oversee site operations and capital expense budgets to ensure compliance with organizational expenditure requirements
- Manage the site team, develop capabilities, and set policies necessary to satisfy business needs, engage employees, and achieve financial objectives
- Have a deep knowledge and understanding of local operating regulations or laws to establish, implement, and maintain facilities policies, procedures and robust organizational structures necessary to maintain compliance with all laws and regulations
- Drive innovation into facilities programs/systems with an environmentally conscious attitude and negotiate contracts with suppliers as required
- Define and enforce data centre design, deployment and change standards with an eye for Audit across all production and non-production environments
- Manage asset inventories and component lifecycles as well as provide vendor management to control costs and maintain contracts
- Understanding process or program expectations and standards, collects and assesses data and information to construct and implement a solution
- Champion the execution, development and implementation of policies, procedures and training to ensure processes result in efficient working model
- Ability to improve existing systems/procedures which periodically result in new ideas or approaches of considerable significance
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor / MSc degree in Computer Science / Applications, Engineering.
- Must have managed portfolio of data centres that support mission-critical applications, at least at a regional level. Experience in Asia pacific and Europe (especially in UK) is an advantage.
- Extensive experience leading cross-organizational infrastructure teams, ideally operating in critical-data centre environments and in senior management role managing data centre operations and service management
- Proven leadership qualities with extensive experience in Data Centre Operations and service management, data centre migrations of critical sites, capacity planning and management, and having managed audits successfully and data centre facilities management
Knowledge and Skills:
Data centre operations and hosting services background (mandatory) with strong expertise in Data centre best practice which must include:
- Capacity planning
- Assessed, Evaluate, Participate and integration of new data centre sites
- Migration of data centre infrastructure between sites
- Contract and Vendor management for new and managed sites
- Component maintenance and lifecycle replacement
- Audit Control & Management (Internal and External regulators)
- Exposure to enterprise server, storage, and network hardware across diversified business segments
- Strong written and verbal communication and possess financial process efficiency to meet targets
- Must be capable of handling multiple simultaneous tasks under pressure while maintaining strong customer service and professionalism
- Excellent team player able to manage and prioritize work
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 23/08/2017.Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.