Business Analyst - Regulatory Change
Salary: Base + Bonus + Benefits
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
Data Insights Analyst with experience with analytics within the digital domain required. You will have technical hands-on skills around data (SQL) and visualisation tools. You will craft and implement analytics tools to support digital and implement critical metrics to measure growth and retention across digital.
Overview of the Role
We are looking for an analyst to work in the Regulatory Change team to define the requirements in respect of a number of projects including, but not limited to MiFID II, PRIIPS, EMIR, 4AML, GDPR, G20 nation transaction reporting, costs and charges disclosure. The successful candidate will be required to work on one or more of the listed projects and other regulatory projects as they are initiated.
Provide business analysis support to ensure effective delivery of agreed projects, covering activities such as:
- Confirming nature and scope of change
- Impact assessment of changes
- GAP Analysis
- Analysis and documentation of requirements
- Identification and analysis of solutions
- Design of the implementation of process and organisational changes
- Develop effective relationships across the business, Global Technology and the wider change management community
- Interpret business requirements into system requirements.
- Where appropriate, act as a bridge between the less technical analysts and the Developers/Technical resource to ensure correct implementation of requirements.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of the Asset Management industry essential
- Experience and strong knowledge of current and previous regulations required
- Awareness of the processes through which new and changed regulations are developed preferred
- Involvement in one or more industry body regulations working groups will be an advantage
- Experience in a business analysis role including business process change and technology change essential
- Experience of requirements elicitation through direct interaction with business users and their processes (Interviews, observation and workshops) essential
- Experience of working with senior business users required
- Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills required
- Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process essential
- Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation essential
- Able to demonstrate initiative and work with minimum supervision required
- Ability to lead others, act as mentor and role model to other staff preferred
- Able to work well in a team essential
- Focus on quality essential
- Experience of Agile working practices preferred
- Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
- Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
- A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing Asset Management and technology industries.
- Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do meet stated objectives
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to Agencies:
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.