COO - CTO - Service Operations Specialist - AVP
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 19 Aug 17
COO - CTO - Service Operations Specialist - AVP
Our technology teams are responsible for the Bank's entire information technology (“IT”) infrastructure, and the development, implementation, and protection of the software required to support all of the Bank's businesses. We move over EUR 1.6 trillion across the Bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks, and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology platforms help Deutsche Bank deliver high quality products to clients. Naturally, we make sure that the phones work, emails are delivered and PCs run - but we also develop collaboration platforms and workspaces that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Developments in technology are changing the way we communicate, work and think. Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalize on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets.
This is a technical role in Operations Database Support Team for providing daily production support coverage supporting the Bank's global database technology platforms. The work involves close interaction with Engineering and SA's as well as Application support personnel. The ideal candidate will have a pro-active approach to involvement and driving continual operational improvements. The position is required to ensure an effective support during the APAC shift for the global clients.
Roles & responsibilities
Strong in database administration experience and support large database environments in MSSQL Server and Sybase technologies
• Database installation, configuration on windows and Unix platforms.
• Database Performance Tuning, Query Optimization and SQL server tuning at database and server level
• Troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
• Database upgrade and independently plan and execute the critical migration projects
• Configuring the database standby, Mirroring, Log shipping and support
• Design the database partitioning, encryption and implement the industry standard security to secure the critical environments.
• Well versed with Database optimizer changes, database internals and able to apply this knowledge to troubleshoot the real time production issues
• Covering all most important administrative tasks, such as planning and building new servers, database file management, backup and restore, user account and data security management, capacity planning.
• Disaster Recovery implementations based on Database Mirroring and storage based replication (SRDF), design and implementation of high availability systems using Log shipping, mirroring, SQL Always ON methods in replicated and clustered environments, data integration and synchronization.
• Provide on call production support on rotation basis.
• 8 years experience working as production database administrator
supporting the SQL Server 2005/2008/2012/2014 on Windows 2003/2008/2012 platforms
• 3 years Hands-on experience in supporting the Sybase database server 12.x and 15 on Unix platforms
• Expertise in Install/Upgrade/Configuration of SQL Servers for all supported versions
• Experience in database clone, Database deployment including SSIS package installations
• Expert in understanding of Production support roles and responsibilities
• Expertise in implementing Disaster Recovery features like Database Mirroring, Log Shipping and SQL Replication for business critical applications
• Strong knowledge of backups, restores, recovery models, database shrink operations, DBCC commands, Clustering, Database mirroring, Replication and High Availability strategies for MS SQL environments.
• Expert in understanding of MS SQL security features and Windows AD platform
• Effective verbal and writing communication skills
• Well organized individual with strong production support experience.
• Builds positive working relationships and works collaboratively with other team members
• Experience in a large corporate environment
• Self starter and ability to work independently
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.