* Senior/Lead Python/R Data Scientist, Front Office Quantitative Fixed Income Trading - Global Investment Bank *
- Excellent Remuneration
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Pinpoint Asia Limited
- 17 Aug 17
Our client, an innovative, technology driven global investment bank, is looking for a proven big data / machine learning data scientist to join their front office team; They are an industry leader in incorporating the latest technology into their core business and are continuing to set themselves apart as a technologically innovative firm.
- Employ latest data science and machine learning techniques to analyze extremely large amount of data (big data scale) to identify new patterns and contribute to developing new trading strategies
- Provide forecasting on various aspects of trades and clients' interests based on knowledge gained through machine learning and data science techniques
- Propose new business ideas or suggest improvement based using very large scale historical/new data.
- You will have the opportunity to delve deeper into your areas of interest as you gain deeper understanding of the trading business
- Master's or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Proven experience in machine learning, data science using Python and/or R
- Experience in software development, including data structures, algorithms, software design and fundamental programming concepts
- Familiarity with statistical computing languages or packages – Numpy/Scipy/Sklean, Git, Matla
- Strong understanding of quantitative analysis and/or mathematics including probability, statistics, etc.
- Programming background in compiled or scripting languages - C/C++, or Java would be preferred
- Interest and desire to learn about financial markets
- Knowledge of distributed computing and/or big data
- Ability to manage and build relationship with senior stakeholders (heads, MDs)
- Excellent communication skills to speak to both business users and technology teams
- Passion for problem solving and product development; Ability to think outside the box
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Senior/Lead Python/R Data Scientist, Front Office Quantitative Fixed Income Trading - Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) * Vice President, Lead Front Office C++/Java EQ Synthetic/Swaps Developer - Elite Global Investment Bank *
2) * Lead/Senior Front Office Low-Latency C/C++ Electronic Trading Developer - Elite Global Investment Bank
3) * Head of IT Infrastructure (Cloud / DevOps / Co-location) *