Tech Services Service Manager , Private, Wealth
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
The Service Manager is the accountable interface between Technology Services and the customer. This covers all agreed products and services delivered, and supported by Technology Services.
The Private, Retail and Wealth Service Manager is responsible for building and maintaining key relationships, developing and managing opportunities, monitoring deployment projects and engaging virtual resources globally.
The Account Manager is charged with aligning to the customer's IT Organization to build strategic relationships across the account, articulating a clear vision and generating enthusiasm, while impacting all business groups.
They are responsible for engaging at the most strategic level within the account and implementing a broad strategy for earning customer acceptance and timely service implementation. They will work with all appropriate resources (empowered by the Technology Services CIO) to support customer interests. This includes dotted line reporting into the CIO's, and matrix empowerment over technical resources that may be geographically distributed.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Demand & Capacity Management
* Partnering with CIO's to agree and commit to a demand process which covers our business. Fully understanding demand projections, investment projects and support needs whilst balancing Technology Services Delivery capacity (people and infrastructure), and tracking a demand lifecycle plan.
Stability & Availability & Stability
* Partnering with CIO's to agree all stability and availability needs, managing delivery against SLA's, and driving SIP's to increase stability and availability.
* Membership and contribution to all relevant Technology Councils to influence thinking on availability / stability / security / data integrity at the design stage for projects, standards and policies.
* Become a key member of the IM process by partnering with the Account Incident Manager to provide all business impact, updating stakeholders, assessing trends with an objective of incident reduction.
* Become a key member of the PM process involved in all relevant RCA's, assist to improve the RCA process by partnering with the Problem Manager to uncover true root cause consistently. Follow all actions through to completion and be the driving force to ensure governance.
* Become a key member of the CM process, being consulted and informed on all major changes. Working hand in hand with the relevant groups to review PIR's, ensuring completion of all actions, and a key stakeholder in Transition to Service reviews.
Audit & Risk Management
* Drive from identification through to mitigation of all service stability / availability risks. Facilitate business impact assessment reviews, contribute required information to all business risk forums (BORC / PGCs) and where needed facilitate audit responses.
* Facilitate regular SLA reviews ensuring all supporting OLAs and Underpinning Contracts are in place with a documented renewal process. Ensure all agreements and contracts are in place prior to go live. Drive all service review meetings where SLA based performance is tracked and discussed.
* Being the final point of escalation for our CIO partners to assist them where a Technology Services process is either missing, or not working.
* Changing the mindset of Technology Services staff from a technology / silo'd thought process to end to end service based thinking and behaviours. Educating them to focus more on business outcomes, whilst educating CIO's to navigate Technology Services effectively, and together harnessing technology intelligently to underpin our business strategy.
* Regular & Standard Metrics Pack - To include service metrics, infrastructure dashboards, obsolescence to name a few. A few versions sliced through a different lens for various audiences.
* Regular & Standard Service Review Meetings - Conduct, minute and track all actions to completion.
* Present and update on the Technology Services strategy to our CIO partners, providing full transparency.
* Present and update on the CIO strategy to our Technology Services partners, providing full transparency.
* Communicate all Technology Services achievements to the CIO's showing tangible results to how we are underpinning their strategy and targets.
* Communicate all Technology Services costs and financials to the CIO's showing tangible milestones to how we are underpinning their cost targets.
* Seek constant feedback from the CIO's on Technology Services and vice versa, implement changes and improvements as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
* Demonstrated background in managing complex and multiple businesses and / or IT initiatives (implementation projects and programmes) to completion, on time, within budget and quality.
* Experience with all phases of the complete lifecycle of IT investments including stakeholder management, business case development, defining specifications and scope, SOW / contracts, financial estimating, costing, and detail work plans.
* Ability to communicate effectively for CIO level engagements management.
* Ability to mentor and train Service Managers and other practitioners in all service management best practices.
* Strong management, leadership, problem solving, motivational, interpersonal and communication skills.
* Ability and willingness to be a team player.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 09/30/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Standard Chartered is an equal opportunity employer. We have a meritocratic culture where each individual employee is valued and respected for who they are as a person and for what they bring to the organisation.