- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Macquarie Group
- 16 Aug 17
Data Tooling Technical Lead
Data Tooling Technical LeadIt's starting now, and we need you on board.
Macquarie is on data management tooling journey, building out its next generation data management platforms. These will cover:
- data Governance
- data Structure and Lineage Harvesting
- data Quality
And be hosted in our public cloud.
About the role
We need your tech skills and experience as our mid-level technical lead designer to drive the tooling implementation forward to success.
These are green-field projects, so you will have an excellent opportunity to help design and drive how Macquarie manages data for years to come. The future is in your hands.
- help drive RFP's, POC's, selection & roll out of vendor data management tooling applications.
- design and implement technical solutions surrounding the data management platforms.
- build out a technical tooling team and take a hands-on lead role to ensure successful delivery of the solutions.
- develop a deep understanding of the internal data domains and systems.
- engage with technical and non-technical stakeholders effectively to drive the right solutions in line with the target architecture.
- strong understanding of data management concepts (governance, lineage, quality) and industry trends.
- excellent communications skills
- design and implementation experience that you've gained on real world projects
- delivery focus, with an Agile software development methodology background and mindset.
- willingness to be hands-on as required to get the job done and to adapt quickly to new technologies.
- a quick-thinking problem solver, able to assimilate data rapidly in order to present new design solutions.
- experience leading small teams.
You'll get bonus points for:
- experience with Data Governance tooling, such as Collibra, Axon, Informatica, IGC.
- experience with Meta-data harvesting tooling, such as Rochard, Informatica EIC, Orion
- experience with Mulesoft integration.
- experience with ETL technologies such as SSIS, DataStage, Talend.
- experience with data preparation, visualisation & reporting technologies such as Alteryx, Lavastorm, SSAS, SSRS, Tableau, Cognos, PowerBI.
- experience working with XML, XSD's and XSLT's.
- experience working with Continuous Delivery, including deploying applications in private or public cloud (AWS preferred).
- experience using Cucumber, GIT, Bamboo, Sonar for application testing and maintenance.
- experience working with globally distributed teams.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above requirements, please apply via the following link - alternatively for further queries please contact Chirag Bhojani by sending an email to email@example.com. You are encouraged to reach out for further questions however please do not send application via emails. Salary commensurate to experience.
COG Technology manages Macquarie's enterprise-wide platforms and provides business specific technology development for the businesses. Collaboration is core to how we operate in Technology: as a team we partner with the business to provide technology strategy and direction across the multiple disciplines comprising architecture, applications development, workplace technology, production management and infrastructure technology.
For more information visit macquarie.com/career
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 11 Aug 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 12 Oct 2017 AUS Eastern Daylight Time