- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- Bluefin Resources
- 16 Aug 17
Bluefin Resources are working with a large, commercially focused government enterprise to recruit a Data Analyst with demonstrable SAS expertise.
Perform data analysis, collating information from various sources, checking and then communicating results in order to solve business problems and show strong competency in clear data visualisation. You will need to be across all elements of the data analysis process including data modelling, database design/ development, data mining, analysis trends, profile building
Support business process design, system development and implementation to support the achievement of the target operating model. Manage the data integrity of the case management system to ensure it supports and provides appropriate direction to project resources. Develop reporting capability for the review and analysis of the organisation's current business needs and contribute to business improvement.
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience with SAS - this is a must
- Strong experience as a Data Analyst
- Experienced in using SQL for data management such as extracting, manipulating and merging large volumes of data from a variety of sources
- Able to capture data and translate it into meaningful insights that is fed back effectively to the broader team
- Knowledge and basic understanding of AWS
- Experience with programming tools such as Python
On Offer - This is an initial contract, finishing 29 th December with the high chance of ongoing extensions based in the CBD.
If you are interested in being considered for this role, please apply on-line or send my your latest Resume , or give me a call to discuss on 9270 2672
( SK914156A )